Applicable is seeking a new member of the Service Operations Team responsible for supporting Enterprise Microsoft Skype for Business and associated technologies.
Applicable has run some of the world’s largest enterprise collaboration and communications services for over 15 years and with customers heading for over 340,000 application seats in use, we understand what it means to deliver mission critical services.
We enable our enterprise customers and partners to build, manage and implement the full power of Skype for Business as a remote or cloud-hosted managed service with consistent performance and predictable, flexible, capacity-based pricing. Leveraging a combination of proven service expertise and the deployment of highly effective management tools, we assist customers to assert and maintain excellent voice and video call quality.
Through our partnerships with major communications and technology providers, customers experience our expert, reliable and friendly 24x7 service and support.
About the role
Applicable are accepting applications from those who have little or no experience of the Microsoft Unified Communications product set for this role. The successful candidate will have a strong technical background and proven practical experience in in Microsoft technologies with strong leadership and communication skills.
This represents a fantastic opportunity to cross skill in to a technology area with a bright future. The candidate will be willing to apply drive and dedication to picking up Skype for Business technical skills and enterprise practices in the early months with Applicable.
This role is based in our Brisbane office.
About the applicant
The Unified Communications Engineer will require the following skill set and experience:
- Strong technical support / engineering background with a primary focus on a Microsoft Technology
- Advanced independent problem solving and troubleshooting skills and experience ability to work under pressure
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert Certification
- Excellent customer service and customer facing skills
- Good communication, presentation and organisational skills
- Willingness to cross-skill in different technologies and platforms
- Demonstrable service culture focus
- Ability to proactively identify areas for continual service improvement
- Ability to prepare quality written correspondence, and internal and external-facing documentation
- Microsoft Server 2012/2016 MCSA / Advanced Windows 2016/ 2012 server platform experience including AD, DNS, DHCP, and PKI
- Microsoft SQL experience, including High Availability methods and maintenance plans
- An understanding of networking essentials (CompTIA Networking+, Cisco CCNA, Microsoft Networking Essentials 70-058, Windows Server 2008 Networking Infrastructure 70-642)
- Participation in a 24x7 escalation rota
- Office 365 Administration and ADFS
- Demonstrable Hyper-V, System Centre Virtual Machine Manager or other virtualization technology experience is desirable (and / or equivalent VMware skills)
- Enterprise Microsoft Exchange (2013/2016), to include Exchange High Availability and also Exchange Online is desirable
- System Centre suite – focusing on SCCM, SCOM and DPM
- Storage Technologies
- Mobile device management (MDM) such as Intune and GFE
- SharePoint 2013 and above
- Experience in supporting successful projects
- Understanding of how to participate in common ITIL based processes including change, incident and problem management
- Understanding of IIS
- Scripting with PowerShell focus
- ICT related degree
Applicants must have citizenship or permanent residency in Australia to apply for this role.
This is an amazing opportunity to join an ambitious service provider with significant expansion plans for the coming years. You will join in a high responsibility and business critical role, therefore this is best suited to an engineer with real drive and ambition, looking to make the next step in their career and join a team that can offer an exciting long term opportunity, benefits and challenge.
Applicable rewards its staff to attract the best talent.
Department: Unified Communications