Applicable is seeking a new Service Desk Analyst to join our increasingly busy service desk team. You will be part of a 24x7 team that provides personal, end to end service management to our global customers.
We work a 3-shift rotation of early, late & night shifts consisting of 4 days on and 4 days off throughout the year (night shift: from 9.30pm to 9am, 1 week every 3). The shifts are 10.5 hours each plus a 1-hour meal break.
Applicable is a Managed Enterprise Voice Services Provider for some of the world's largest customers with over 340,000 application users - we understand what it means to deliver mission critical services.
This role will be based in our Bristol office (BS34 8HP, free parking on site).
About the role
As a Service Desk Analyst, you will be a key team player in a global service desk providing a managed service to clients to ensure that their Unified Communications & Modern Workplace systems remain operational. Your primary objective is to proactively review client requests or tickets and apply technical/process knowledge to resolve them without breaching service level agreement (SLA). Our Service Desk analysts focus on second line support for incidents and requests with a medium level of complexity.
Reporting to the Service Desk Team Manager, you will provide support to the service desk team and Applicable’s global Service Operations function. You will be responsible for:
• Delivering exceptional operational support to a global customer base using Applicable’s ITIL framework
• Impact assessment, analysis and resolution or escalation of events generated from multiple monitoring platforms
• Fulfilling standard service requests
• Manage events and alerts generated by SCOM
• Complete standard service requests within agreed SLA
• Champion continual service improvement initiatives (including technical support processes) throughout Service Operations
• Resolving technical incidents and problems
• Performing change. Implement standard changes and plan, write and implement complex changes
• Support and promotion of a knowledge sharing culture. Effectively communicate details of complex incidents to internal and external stakeholders using both written and verbal communication
• Follow the shift hand over process highlighting any key tickets to be focussed along with a handover of upcoming critical tasks to be carried out in the next shift
• Adhering to Applicable’s information security framework
About the applicant
You will be passionate about IT, committed to growing their skills and you will possess good knowledge of ITIL best practice, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Server and enterprise applications, SAN technologies, VOIP solutions and Information security best practices. You will bring to the role the following traits:
• Administering and troubleshooting Skype for Business Enterprise Voice
• Administering and troubleshooting Teams Direct Routing and Teams Managed Services
• Administering and troubleshooting VMM, Hyper-V and VMWare
• Troubleshooting SCOM rules, monitors and creating overrides
• Troubleshooting failed Backups and restoring data using enterprise backup solutions
• Troubleshooting SQL server high availability and performance
• Troubleshooting user directories and forest topologies
• Troubleshooting Windows Server environment’s performance (CPU, RAM, Disk)
• Troubleshooting AudioCodes gateways
• Written and verbal English language proficiency, able to work across different cultures
• Delivering results in high pressure work environments
Experience using virtualisation platforms including Hyper-V and VMWare
Supported UC technologies including Lync, SfB and Teams
Management of alerts generated by Microsoft SCOM
Moderate level knowledge in ticketing tools preferably Cherwell
This is an amazing opportunity to join an ambitious Managed Enterprise Voice Services Provider with significant expansion plans for the coming years. This role is best suited to a service desk analyst with real drive and ambition, looking to make the next step in their career and join a team that can offer an exciting long-term opportunity, benefits and challenge.
Applicable rewards its staff to attract the best talent.
Commit to Excellence
Be flexible and agile
Take ownership, take the initiative
Understand the customer and our value to them
Efficiency of Execution
We review resumes as we receive them and interview as soon as we receive good applications. We don't use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoiding missing out on this role.
Applicable are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The full job description for this role can be found here
Location: Bristol, Uk