Applicable runs hybrid UC and collaboration services for some of the world's largest enterprise customers with over 340,000 application users - we understand what it means to deliver mission critical services. Applicable is a growing company with exciting opportunities and are part of the NTT group.
About the role
An opportunity for a Part/Newly-Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA) has been created to strengthen our experienced Finance team. We are looking for a talented individual with excellent communication skills who is energetic, self-motivated and keen to develop.
Reporting to the Head of Finance you will be involved in the provision of monthly management information, along with providing information and analysis for our business managers on a more ad-hoc basis. You will gain experience in Sales, Purchase and Nominal ledgers and be involved in ensuring the appropriate controls are maintained across a range of financial processes.
You will be a Part qualified Accountant: ACCA/CIMA part or newly qualified. As well as a comprehensive study support programme, the company offer a competitive starting salary and benefits package.
This role is based in our Bristol office (BS34 8HP, with free parking and great transport link. 10 minutes walking from Bristol Parkway Train Station).
A typical day in the role, you will get involved in:
- Support the production of monthly Management Accounts (Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet) for Applicable Limited and Applicable Technology Inc.
- Timely submission of reports into the BPC reporting system.
- Raise and post journals to the financial ledger system for management accounting adjustments including accruals and prepayments.
- Design and update of specific reporting to support analysis and decision making across the business, both on a regular and adhoc basis. Communicating with financial and non-financial managers, including Arkadin stakeholders, with regard to requirements and analysis results.
- Involvement in the annual budget and business reforecast processes.
- Follow and update financial control processes within the business, including performance of reconciliations.
- Assist with annual audit requirements.
- Support the monthly payroll and pension processes.
- Support the wider Finance and HR team as required to cover specific events, annual leave etc.
- Part qualified Accountant: ACCA/CIMA part or newly qualified
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both internally and externally.
- Attention to detail and precision.
- Ability to extract, analyse and present complex data.
- Confident user of Microsoft Office. Some exposure to financial ledger systems and willingness to adopt new systems/applications.
- Ability to work to instruction and with initiative, and a willingness to take ownership of tasks and projects.
- Adhere to Applicable security requirements and protect the confidential nature of Finance and HR data.
How to apply – We need you!
We review resumes as we receive them and interview as soon as we receive good applications. We don't use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoiding missing out on this role.
For more information about the role, please click on the following link: Job Description
At Applicable ltd we know that the perfect candidate does not exist. We do not look for someone who ticks all the boxes, we are looking for the right person to join us. We are great in what we do, we need your help in doing it even better!
Applicable are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Department: Finance & HR