Are you a passionate IT professional looking for your next challenge?
Latest technologies and career progression sound like what you are looking for?
Are you a friendly and career-oriented Service desk analyst looking to step into a second line support role?
We are seeking a new 2nd Line Support Engineer to join our vibrant team based in our snazzy North Bristol offices, with loads of parking and great transport links!
You will be part of a friendly team that provides personal, end to end service management to our global customers.
Applicable runs hybrid UC and collaboration services for some of the world's largest enterprise customers with over 340,000 application users - we understand what it means to deliver mission critical services.
A typical day
As a 2nd line Technical Support Engineer, you will be a key team player in a global service desk and will have excellent customer service and communication skills.
Reporting to the Service Desk Team Manager, you will provide support to the service desk team and Applicable’s global Service Operations function. You will get involved in:
- Delivering and supporting services to ensure value for our customers, the users and Applicable.
- Technical support within Applicable’s technology stack as guided by your Team Manager.
- Resolving incidents, fulfilling requests and reacting to events within Microsoft focussed technologies.
- Operational task administration – hardware, backups, patching, Antivirus, monitoring tooling, platform maintenance.
- Scheduled Operations activity such as housekeeping and reporting.
- Process and documentation maintenance.
- Raising operating risks to your team manager.
This role is based in our Bristol office, with free parking and great transport link (5 minutes walking from Bristol Parkway Train Station).
A great bunch of friendly people and a growing team
Fantastic training and serious career progression opportunities (we progressed 6 people from the Bristol office in the last 10 months)!
Free parking and great transport links (5 minutes walking from Bristol Parkway Train Station)
4 days on + 4 days off work shifts and no on call rotas
You will be passionate about IT, committed to developing your skills and will bring the following traits:
- Demonstrable service culture focus.
- Supported UC technologies including Lync and Skype for Business.
- Proven management of support requests and incidents using the ITIL framework.
- Complex problem solving and troubleshooting skills and experience.
Bonus points for:
- MTA/MCSA Certification.
- ITIL Certification.
- Computing degree.
- Experience using virtualisation platforms including Hyper-V and VMWare.
- Strong background in technical support with a focus on Microsoft products including Windows Server.
- Familiar with SQL Management Studio.
- Management of alerts generated by Microsoft SCOM.
- Experience using Microsoft SCCM for patch deployment.
- Microsoft SharePoint administration.
- Exchange on premise and O365 administration.
This is an amazing opportunity to join an ambitious service provider with significant expansion plans for the coming years. This role is best suited to a service desk analyst with real drive and ambition, looking to make the next step in their career and join a team that can offer an exciting long-term opportunity.
Applicable are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The full job description for this role can be found here.
Department: Service Desk