We have an exciting opportunity for a Service Desk Analyst to join our increasingly busy service desk team. You will be part of a 24x7 team that provides personal, end to end service management to our global customers.
Applicable has run some of the world’s largest enterprise collaboration and communications services for over 15 years and with customers heading for over 340,000 application seats in use, we understand what it means to deliver mission critical services.
About the role
As a Service Desk Analyst, you will be a key team player in a global service desk and will have excellent customer service and communication skills.
Reporting to the Service Desk Team Manager, you will provide support to the service desk team and Applicable’s global Service Operations function. Your main duties will include:
- Delivering and supporting services to ensure value for our customers, the users and Applicable.
- Technical support within Applicable’s technology stack as guided by your Team Manager.
- Resolving incidents, fulfilling requests and reacting to events within Microsoft focussed technologies.
- Operational task administration – hardware, backups, patching, Antivirus, monitoring tooling, platform maintenance.
- Scheduled Operations activity such as housekeeping and reporting.
- Process and documentation maintenance.
- Raising operating risks to your team manager.
This role is based in our Brisbane office.
About the applicant
You will be passionate about IT, committed to developing your skills and will bring the following traits:
- Demonstrable service culture focus.
- Strong background in technical support with a focus on Microsoft products including Windows Server.
- Proven management of support requests and incidents using the ITIL framework.
- Complex problem solving and troubleshooting skills and experience.
- Willingness to cross skill in different technologies and platforms.
- Ability to prepare high quality written customer correspondence and documentation.
- MTA/MCSA Certification.
- ITIL Certification.
- Computing degree.
- Experience using virtualisation platforms including Hyper-V and VMWare.
- Supported UC technologies including Lync and Skype for Business.
- Familiar with SQL Management Studio.
- Management of alerts generated by Microsoft SCOM.
- Experience using Microsoft SCCM for patch deployment.
- Microsoft SharePoint administration.
- Exchange on premise and O365 administration.
- Experience in supporting successful projects.
- Good external-facing and presentation skills.
- Experience using Cherwell ticket management software.
Applicants must have citizenship or permanent residency in Australia to apply for this role.
The full job description for this role can be found here.
Department: Service Desk