Work for us
Success at Applicable starts with your desire to be part of something special. You will apply your considerable skills and experience as you work with the latest technologies and deliver value to large scale customers. You'll round out your fit with your sound leadership skills, great communication and your demonstrable desire to improve both your performance and that of your business.
Best Companies Index - 2016
We are delighted to have been awarded Best Companies 2 Star Accreditation for 2016, demonstrating 'outstanding levels of employee engagement' across our organisation. This sought after accreditation acknowledges excellence in the workplace, highlighting workplace engagement as a vital component in the success and growth of an organisation. The Best Companies Index rating is based on survey responses from our employees; we use this valuable information to help make Applicable a great place to work. Employee feedback is integral to our business model and future growth plans so we're delighted to have been recognised for our efforts.
UC Engineer - Australia - Remote workers welcome
Applicable Ltd has run some of the world’s largest enterprise collaboration and communications services for over 15 years. Applicable understands what it means to deliver mission critical services and we are experienced in providing personal, end to end, 24x7 service management for our global customers in a network of carrier grade data centres in the US, Europe and Asia.
This role is managed from our Brisbane office but we welcome applications from remote workers. The successful candidate can be located anywhere within geography that allows them to work in Brisbane office hours and support our global customers.
Applicable is seeking a new member of the Service Operation Team responsible for supporting Enterprise Microsoft Skype for Business and associated technologies based on global high availability designs. The successful candidate will have a strong technical background and proven practical experience in Skype for Business/previous versions deployments, with strong leadership and communication skills.
- Strong technical support / engineering background with a primary focus on Skype for Business / Lync 2013 / Lync 2010
- 4 years + Skype for Business / Lync / OCS Systems support (2015/2013/2010), which should include deployment and configuration of instant messaging, presence, audio-visual and web conferencing and familiarity with policy management
- Understanding of factors which contribute to Skype for Business Call Quality
- Advanced Windows 2016/2012 server support experience including AD, DNS, DHCP, and PKI
- Enterprise Voice, SIP trunking and PBX/Gateway (Audiocodes, Sonus, Squire) integration capabilities
- An understanding of networking essentials (CompTIA Networking+, Cisco CCNA, Microsoft Networking
- Essentials 70-058, Windows Server 2008 Networking Infrastructure 70-642)
- Advanced problem solving and troubleshooting skills and experience
- Excellent customer service and customer facing skills
- Good communication, presentation and organisational skills
- Willingness to cross-skill in different technologies and platforms
- Ability to prepare quality written correspondence, and internal and external-facing documentation
- VOIP / IP Telephony Experience
- MCSE Communication/MCITP/ PSLP Certification
- Demonstrable Hyper-V, System Center Virtual Machine Manager or other virtualization technology experience
- System Center Operation Manger or other System Center Suite experience is desirable
- Experience with Call Quality Management Applications, such as Unify2, Prognosis and Event Zero
- 4 years + Enterprise support Microsoft Exchange (should include Exchange clustering and recovery) is desirable
- Demonstrable commitment to the Applicable Values and to realising Applicable’s vision
- Demonstrable service culture focus
- Evidence of certifications relevant to Applicable's chosen market
- Creative and with the courage to act with integrity
- Experience in supporting successful projects
Department: Unified Communications
Find out more
Service Desk Analyst - Brisbane, Australia
We have an exciting opportunity for a Service Desk Analyst
to join our increasingly busy service desk team. You will be part of a 24x7
team that provides personal, end to end service management to our global
Applicable has run some of the world’s largest enterprise collaboration and communications services for over 15 years and with customers heading for over 340,000 application seats in use, we understand what it means to deliver mission critical services.
About the role
As a Service Desk Analyst, you will be a key team player in a
global service desk and will have excellent customer service and communication
Reporting to the Service Desk Team Manager, you will provide support to the service desk team and Applicable’s global Service Operations function. Your main duties will include:
- Delivering and supporting services to ensure value for our customers, the users and Applicable.
- Technical support within Applicable’s technology stack as guided by your Team Manager.
- Resolving incidents, fulfilling requests and reacting to
events within Microsoft focussed technologies.
- Operational task administration – hardware, backups, patching, Antivirus, monitoring tooling, platform maintenance.
- Scheduled Operations activity such as housekeeping and
- Process and documentation maintenance.
- Raising operating risks to your team manager.
This role is based in our Brisbane office.
About the applicant
You will be passionate about IT, committed to developing your skills and will bring the following traits:
- Demonstrable service culture focus.
- Strong background in technical support with a focus on Microsoft products including Windows Server.
- Proven management of support requests and incidents using the ITIL framework.
- Complex problem solving and troubleshooting skills and experience.
- Willingness to cross skill in different technologies and platforms.
- Ability to prepare high quality written customer correspondence and documentation.
- MTA/MCSA Certification.
- ITIL Certification.
- Computing degree.
- Experience using virtualisation platforms including Hyper-V and VMWare.
- Supported UC technologies including Lync and Skype for Business.
- Familiar with SQL Management Studio.
- Management of alerts generated by Microsoft SCOM.
- Experience using Microsoft SCCM for patch deployment.
- Microsoft SharePoint administration.
- Exchange on premise and O365 administration.
- Experience in supporting successful projects.
- Good external-facing and presentation skills.
- Experience using Cherwell ticket management software.
Applicants must have citizenship or permanent residency in Australia to apply for this role.
The full job description for this role can be found here.
Department: Service Desk
Find out more
What do you get in return?
An unparalleled experience of working for a small company that does big things and aspires to do much more. You'll receive a competitive salary, a contributory pension, death in service benefits, private healthcare and permanent health benefits. You'll work with leading-edge technology, credible partners and customers, and you'll benefit from, and contribute to one of the most talented and driven teams around.
- Commit to Excellence
- Be flexible and agile
- Take ownership, take the initiative
- Understand the customer and our value to them
- Efficiency of Execution
How to apply
If you'd like to join our exceptional team, take the next step by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
As part of our commitment to the HMG Baseline Personnel Security Standard, all offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory clearances these include;
- Identity check
- Employment History
- Nationality and Immigration Status
- Criminal Record via a basic disclosure check
Applicable is an equal opportunities employer.