Work for us
Success at Applicable starts with your desire to be part of something special. You will apply your considerable skills and experience as you work with the latest technologies and deliver value to large scale customers. You'll round out your fit with your sound leadership skills, great communication and your demonstrable desire to improve both your performance and that of your business.
Best Companies Index - 2016
We are delighted to have been awarded Best Companies 2 Star Accreditation for 2016, demonstrating 'outstanding levels of employee engagement' across our organisation. This sought after accreditation acknowledges excellence in the workplace, highlighting workplace engagement as a vital component in the success and growth of an organisation. The Best Companies Index rating is based on survey responses from our employees; we use this valuable information to help make Applicable a great place to work. Employee feedback is integral to our business model and future growth plans so we're delighted to have been recognised for our efforts.
Service Desk Junior - Bristol, UK
As a Service Desk Junior reporting to the Team Manager, you'll provide first-line support for incident management, request fulfilment and access management, to maintain agreed operational service. Managing all incidents and requests from initial contact through to resolution in line with SLAs and KPIs, you'll log all contact through the service management tool. With proven customer facing and service desk experience underpinned by a sound grasp of ITIL best practice, you're a strong all-round communicator with both customers and colleagues and highly proficient in MS technologies. A reliable team player who works well under pressure, you have the ability to adapt rapidly to change, your well developed problem solving skills are enhanced by your ability in handling complex relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Responding to service tickets that have been logged via a web based portal, telephone or email and managing the service ticket from start to finish
- Ensuring a prompt, courteous and appropriate response to all customer requests for assistance and support, working to defined service level agreements and within contractual time frames / frameworks.
- Delivering and supporting services to ensure value for our customers, the users and Applicable
- Scheduled Operations activity such as housekeeping and reporting
- Raise operating risks to your Team Lead
- To provide advice and support to all other staff whenever necessary
- Work alongside the Service Desk Analysts to support with client queries
- Execution of any information security activity as guided by your line manager or by the Information Security function in Service Design
Other duties as directed by your line manager from time to time. Participate in the shift rota or as agreed with your line manager and in-line with your contract.
- Good understanding of ITIL Service Operations, Incident, Request, Problem & Change Management as it relates to a support role
- Ability to interpret technical information and re-apply it via a customer-friendly medium
- Good prioritising skills
- Providing an agreed level of resolution and wherever possible exceeding SLAs
- Collaborating closely with internal and external resolver groups to aid resolution
- Delivering excellent customer service
- Strong skills and experience in a support role
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003/2007/2010/2013
- Office 365 Microsoft Lync 2010/2013
- SharePoint 2007/2013
- Blackberry Server
- Monitoring best practice
- Windows Server fundamentals
- Experience of documenting working instructions
- Powershell Scripting
- Virtualisation technologies
- MCSA Windows Server 2012
- ITIL foundation level in Service Management
Department: Service Desk
Find out more
Network Team Leader - Bristol, UK
You will lead a global team of very capable network engineers, and be responsible for ensuring our hosted are operating effectively, taking advantage of the latest technologies. The successful candidate will have a strong technical background in enterprise data centre deployments with great customer service and communication skills to lead the delivery of both technical support and project capabilities.
- Strong people or technical leadership with 3-5 years experience in a similar role
- Demonstrable Cisco experience in routing, switching, and firewall technologies
- Cisco security (ASA firewalls, IDS/IPS)
- Cisco data centre network design and support
- Experience of technology from leading vendors
Juniper, F5 and Force10
- Application load balancing technologies (F5,
- B2B Networks with complex security
- Design and management of networks supporting
SIP-based telephony products (Audiocodes, Cisco Call Manager)
- Exposure to open source and commercial network
- Vendor certifications, preferably to CCNP or equivalent
- Experience of PRINCE and ITIL frameworks
- Strong communication skills, with the ability
to work in a high pressure, dynamic and rapidly growing environment
- Desire to maintain developments and technology
changes with industry e.g. SDN and NFV
- Ability to work productively with others technical specialists e.g.Microsoft engineers
- Excellent problem management skills
- Ability to communicate with customers,
stakeholders and at all levels in the business.
- Exposure to design/deployment of Infrastructure technologies
- Exposure to design/deployment of Microsoft applications, especially Skype for Business and Windows based operating systems
- Exposure to Information Security Management standards e.g. ISO27001 and CSA STAR
is an amazing opportunity to join an ambitious service provider with
significant expansion plans for the coming years. You will join in a high
responsibility and business critical role, therefore this is best suited to an
engineer with real drive and ambition, looking to make the next step in their
career and join a team that can offer an exciting long term opportunity,
benefits and challenge.
Find out more
What do you get in return?
An unparalleled experience of working for a small company that does big things and aspires to do much more. You'll receive a competitive salary, a contributory pension, death in service benefits, private healthcare and permanent health benefits. You'll work with leading-edge technology, credible partners and customers, and you'll benefit from, and contribute to one of the most talented and driven teams around.
- Commit to Excellence
- Be flexible and agile
- Take ownership, take the initiative
- Understand the customer and our value to them
- Efficiency of Execution
How to apply
If you'd like to join our exceptional team, take the next step by emailing us at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
As part of our commitment to the HMG Baseline Personnel Security Standard, all offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory clearances these include;
- Identity check
- Employment History
- Nationality and Immigration Status
- Criminal Record via a basic disclosure check
Applicable is an equal opportunities employer.